The original church was built on the corner of 7th Avenue and 16th Street in Greeley, Colorado. This building was replaced in 1931 and was moved to a lot on 15th Street between 6th and 7th Avenue where it still stands today. The Reverand H. Wind, Pastor of Trinity Lutheran church, Cheyenne, Wyoming, is believed to have been the first pastor of our church to preach in Greeley. In 1898, he conducted services in the First Presbyterian Church which is located on the corner of 8th Avenue and 10th Street. By 1903, it was evident that a congregation could be formed in Greeley. The Reverand C. F. Brommer, who succeeded Pastor Wind in Cheyenne, continued services in Greeley, and on January 9, 1904, organized the Evangelical Lutheran Trinity Congregation of Greeley, Colorado.
Besides Pastor Brommer, eight lay members signed the constitution, namely, Fred Deuback, G. Beisheim, F. W. Schroeder, A. T. Gottbehuet, G. Cording, C. Meyers, H. Wetzig, and G. Timm. At the organizational meeting, F. Deuback, G. Beisheim, and F. W. Schroeder were elected Elders. G. Timm was elected secretary and Pastor Brommer, as was the custom in those days, served as the chairman of the congregation.
The dimensions of the first church were 36′ by 24′ and 16′ high, with a vestibule 16′ by 8′. The little church stood completed and was dedicated to the glory of God on July 3, 1904. The Reverand Walter R. Schmidt of Cheyenne, Wyoming, conducted the dedication services in both German and English.